Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
We all know that planning ahead makes sense. That's why we offer all families the option of funeral prearrangement planning. Today, prearranging funeral services is as common in people's life plans as retirement and estate planning.
There are many benefits and sound reasons for prearranging funeral services. They include, but are not limited to:
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.
- Relieves surviving family members of the highly emotional burden associated with funeral arrangement decisions by reducing family stress, anxiety and confusion at an already emotional time.
- Family is free from risk, bickering, uncertainty, unnecessary worry, grief and bereavement.
- Significantly reduces the time needed to finalize arrangements and allows a less stressful environment in which one can make important decisions.
- Allows you to express your own unique wishes so your family will not have to guess what you would have wanted.
- Helps you make informed, thoughtful decisions and not just react.
- Most of the details must be handled within hours of death. Some decisions must be made within minutes. These choices could have a major impact on your family both emotionally and financially.
- Allows you to make these important decisions together...not alone.
- Removes any possible conflict and/or misunderstandings about your wishes among immediate family members or "blended" family members at an emotional time.
- Reduces the chance your family will "emotionally overspend" on final arrangements.
- Provides the guidance of an experienced funeral preplanning professional to help you understand all your choices and options.
- When you preplan, you determine how much you can afford to spend on your funeral. Making these important decisions in a calm setting leaves no financial surprises for your family.
- Allow surviving family members the time to concentrate on the memories of you rather than the details surrounding death.
- Financial strain is eliminated. By prepaying funeral expenses, it relieves surviving family members of the burden associated with funeral final expenses. Saves you hundreds of dollars on funeral expenses.
- Pre-paying your funeral expenses today protects you against the effects of inflation and transfers the risk of inflation of funeral costs to the funeral home. Once paid for, your funeral will not cost you more in the future, regardless of what prices are at that time.
- Prepaying your funeral expenses protects your assets from confiscation due to long-term care expenses.
- Gives you true "Peace of Mind" just knowing it as all taken care of and not left for others to deal with.